Saturday, August 11, 2012

Well, only a 2 more days left before I leave for Haiti. Leaving my house around 2:30 am Monday morning! Umm.. who planned this part??  But seriously, I go with excitement and anticipation of what this trip will bring. Fear of the unknown and sadness as I leave my family behind but, also Peace as I know that I am going to be doing something so worthwhile and memorable.
 
We have been preparing ourselves for these last 6 months, toward this goal of heading down to Haiti with hope that in our works and in our service to others while there, we also serve as the Hands and Feet of God. I am truely amazed at how this preperation has opened my eyes and..hopefully prepared my heart for this journey.  I hope each day will bring new enlilghtenment and the abileity to see the power of Gods Grace in action and have His light shine thew me to be of service to others as he wants and needs me to be.

As I and my fellow missionaries travel down this unique and inspiring road, I pray that maybe in someway we will also spark something in others. To find Gods Grace and Love and hopefully be inspired to share thier time, talent and gifts to those in need as well. For family, for friends, co-workers, charity's, your church, your community. For this I pray.

Peace,

Jennifer Keller Sirainni

"The first question which the priest and the levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?"..But ...the good Samaritan reversed the questions: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment