Wednesday, January 25, 2012

...Jesus loves the Children...

We started out our day at the Home for the Sick and Dying. As we entered, we were greeted with smiling children that wanted to be held. This seems like how we are greeted at most places we enter here in Haiti! ... JESUS LOVES THE CHILDREN... I went into a room with about 16 cribs and crying babes wanting to be held! I spent the next hour trying to love as many little children that I could. There was a very giggly little boy that made many of us smile many times.... JESUS LOVES THE CHILDREN... At first I was a bit tentative on how to change a baby, as the diaper is not the same kind of diaper that I have used, but with a little assistance from one of the nannies, I was on a diaper changing roll! There was little baby girl that was so quiet and reserved, that I was drawn to her, as I wanted to make her smile. I smiled and played with her, held her, poked and tickled her and tried all my "laugh little baby" tricks. But still didn't see a smile from this adorable little girl. It was finally peek-a-boo with her dress that brought that first smile to me. My heart just melted.... JESUS LOVES THE CHILDREN... After much peek-a-boo and smiling and loving, I moved downstairs to spend some time with the children that are even sicker. And I thought that some of the children upstairs looked malnourished. These children were so much more frail and thinner. I wasn't able to spend much time downstairs as it was nap time and we needed to go. I was able to hold and love a few children.







We went to Gertrude's Orphanage next and spent a few hours helping feed and play with the children. This is where I gave the first baby one of my taggie blankets! We also gave some girls the dresses that the Faith Girls help make. They loved them. The kids also had fun with the toys and soccer balls that we brought them. ... JESUS LOVES THE CHILDREN...



The group split into 2 groups and some went to the wound clinic to help there, and the rest of us went back to the Home for Sick and Dying. I had to go back and see my babies!! They were much fussier, so I got busy changing diapers and loving them. The nannies and nuns were busy getting their food ready. I helped feed a few. (Although not nearly as efficient or as neatly as the nannies did!) After a few more diapers, giggles and holding, I noticed that little Stephanie had woke up and when I looked over to her, she was holding her dress over her head wanting to play peek-a-boo!!! My heart was instantly filled, and I thought it was already full! ... JESUS LOVES THE CHILDREN... I gave the rest of the taggie blankets to the children in this room. They seemed to really enjoy playing with the tags and looking at the colors! I wish that I had brought more. These hours flew by. I think I changed 13 diapers (I think I might have a new sewing project in my future :) -diapers) and gave out and received so many cuddles and smiles, too many to count!


...JESUS LOVES THE LITTLE CHILDREN...

No comments:

Post a Comment