Sunday, January 29, 2012

Convicted

This morning, I sat in a worship service with missionaries and Haitians.  The music was moving and the prayers compelling...and, I sat convicted.

I was convicted when the Pastor prayed for the congregations generous giving before the offering collection.  They are currently giving 40% of their church budget to missions and they would like to increase their giving ABROAD to 50%.  This doesn't include the donations they give to the community HERE in Haiti.  The people here are giving 40% to sponsor Christians around the world! 

40% to help the world from the poorest
country in the Western Hemisphere

Am I giving even 10% of my personal income to help my own church or community?  What am I giving....I am convicted by the words of the Bible....I am convicted by the voice of God whispering to me.

What am I giving...and is it really enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment