Monday, January 23, 2012


January 23, 2012

                Today as we flew into Port-au-Prince my mind was filled with so many emotions at one time. As we landed I had the biggest smile on my face as I felt I was at home again. Seeing all the people here again and smelling the Haitian air and feeling the Haitian heat was amazing. I feel it has been WAY to long since I have come back. The people here are so welcoming and happy that we are here! Hearing “Hey You!” just made the night so much better as we saw the cute little faces on those beautiful kids’ faces. The airport was not as crazy as it normally is, and it was nice to see that progress is being made to improve this country. A lot of the garbage was also picked up off the streets which makes me feel so great not having to see those little kids walking in bare feet on all that garbage. I am so grateful to be apart of this trip and I am looking forward to becoming closer with all the team members!
-kenzi

No comments:

Post a Comment