Monday, January 28, 2013

Bonswa!  Haitian-Creole for Good Evening.

A couple of long(ish) flights today have born tremendous fruit.  We are so thankful to have arrived without any sort of issue, especially due to the snow that we left in Minneapolis.  So far, God is trying to teach me to be patient as I'm very excited to get out into the city and see what awaits us.  Not unlike a number of stories of past visitors that I've talked to, there is not a lot significant to report on the first night.  Great food, Great company, really excited to see what path has been laid before me.

From what previous visitors have told me, the airport is in really great shape.  It truly felt like other airports in the Caribbean that are more "touristy".  I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to travel to a number of places already in my life.  This already feels so different.  I love experiencing different cultures.  Haiti is very unique, simply due to the level of poverty.  But, more that we are simply coming to experience.  Rachel was here last January, as well, and have often talked with her about the unique spirit of the Haitian people, in spite of what would seem a disparate situation.  It speaks to the cliche of "needs" vs. "wants".  I truly feel that the I can act as the embodiment of a true appreciation of what it means to truly give.....of ourselves, our time and our talents.

Ephesians 6:17 - Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment